Friday, January 21, 2011

App Engine: Getting Started

On Monday I will be showing you how to write a simple app engine app. All the documentation for the app engine can be found here. Go there and browse around.

You will also want to get going and download and install the Google app engine SDK. You might also want to download the eclipse plugin, which I use for my own development (and you will see me using in class). In lecture I will be following the getting started tutorials.

Below is the short intro video that Google provides, to get you started.

And, this is a good video of a talk by Guido van Rossum on the App Engine. It gives a bigger picture of what it does and how it works. He gives a nice overview of all the APIs the app engine provides. We will be going over these in more detail later on in class, as we learn to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment